When I first saw Chris’ residential work, I said, “I have GOT to get my owners (I own a vacation rental company in beautiful Telluride Colorado) to have Chris shoot their properties for my website!” We started with one property. We put the new photos on the website, and also on its VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner) listing page. The results were remarkable. The occupancy and revenue went up by 28%. After we saw those results, we brow beat just about every other owner into getting Chris to shoot their properties. Every single property that has Chris’ photos have increased in revenue and occupancy, while the owners who resist have seen no improvement. In this economy, it is extremely important to stand out. With Chris’ beautiful photography, Accommodations in Telluride’s properties do!
Lee Zeller, Proprietor
Accommodations in Telluride
Chris Weber has always been reliable, timely and over all a great guy! I know this because I have known him for over 20 years! After high school he set off to fulfill his dream in engineering and use his creativity in a very technical field. After years of the corporate life and working for someone else he decided “life was too short” and started a business in another creative, yet technical industry, real estate photography. I have been in the real estate industry for almost 20 years, and Chris reached out to me to give him a shot (pun intended). And I am so glad I did! Chris is extremely good at what he does! He makes the smallest, dullest properties look big and interesting! I can honestly say Chris has helped me to get more showings on my listings and in turn sell more properties since starting to use his photography early in 2011. I highly recommend Orchestrated Light and the advanced HDR photography Chris uses, but more importantly the user of the equipment and software MUST have the same goal as the real estate professionals, Chris does! He is great with his time, getting to the appointments, creating rapport with the sellers, and making their homes look great in the pictures! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to call me directly, Renee 303-775-7131.
Helten Home Team
Keller Williams Realty DTC
Chris’ photography is outstanding! Every property he has shot for me has been under contract within a week or two. His photography is an important part of marketing our listings and he is the only photographer I use now. My clients are also thrilled with the photos, which is always good! Working with Chris has been great. He is punctual, flexible, professional, friendly, and affordable. Using Chris (Orchestrated Light Photography) for my photography is an easy and obvious choice. I highly recommend him!
Innovative Real Estate Group
Chris has photographed a number of multi-million dollar properties for me in the Telluride region. I am the owner and managing broker of San Joaquin Realty, llc and founder of Kastle Keepers, llc (luxury caretaking) in Telluride, CO. I use his photography for sales, luxury rentals and general promotional materials for my business needs. I’ve known Chris for many years, so it is nice to know I have someone who is talented and that I can trust with my client’s properties without requiring much time or instruction from me. He has an inner intuition that allows him to “get the shot” that counts! He is also very comfortable with my clients, who are some of the wealthiest and most sophisticated people in the country. He has a great attention to detail. His photography has impressed many people in Telluride, including myself. I can wholeheartedly recommend Chris and OLP for your photography needs.
Lee Roufa, managing broker- owner
San Joaquin Realty, LLC
More reasons to use OLP…
- Professional Photography has been shown to significantly increase web traffic and showings, sell properties much faster and for higher prices. (Scroll down for Articles and Data)
- OLP photographed properties beat the sales statistics quoted in the articles supporting professional photography.
- Stunning and technically advanced HDR photography. Examples: Real Estate Photography Slideshow or Real Estate Photography Galleries
- The best pricing available: you won’t find better photography for less. Go ahead and check the competition. We already did. OLP Photographer Services and Pricing
- Personal service: OLP is owned and operated by Christopher Weber. His mission is to help you with your business (like an extended member of your team), while providing you with the best photography available.
- Reliability and consistency: OLP is always on-time and has never been the cause of a cancelled / rescheduled appointment or reshoot. Christopher Weber is the only photographer and processor, so you get consistent results every time. OLP has also never had a dissatisfied customer.
- Flexibility: OLP is a small locally owned business that is not bound by corporate structure. We will custom design a photo package for you based on your unique needs. How can your photographer help make your business more efficient and less hassle? Let us know, or let us make suggestions, and OLP will work with you to make it happen. OLP is always looking for ways to make your life easier.
- More Options: Photo Packages start with just the photos and don’t include extras that are tacked on that may not be needed or wanted by the client. With OLP, you can add the extras that you want and don’t have to pay for extras that you don’t. And with any OLP package, you can pick the number of photos that you want.
- Quality and Preparation: OLP uses top-of-the-line Pentax SLR cameras, the best quality and widest angle lenses available and top-of-the-line computers running the latest state-of-the-art software. And OLP has built-in redundancies for all equipment meaning a back-up camera-body, lens, tripod, computer, etc. is available at all times to make sure you are not inconvenienced by any of our potential equipment failures. (Never had a failure yet, but we are prepared just in case!)
- Gives back to the community: Example – OLP acknowledged.
Christopher Weber is the Owner/Founder and photographer for Orchestrated Light Photography. It is important in Real Estate Photography to know who you are hiring and trusting with your clients and their property, because as a Real Estate Professional, when you hire someone, they reflect on you. Read more about OLP’s Photographer (in the “About OLP” page).
Articles and Statistical Data Showing the Overwhelming Advantages of Professional Photography for Real Estate
8 Reasons Professional Real Estate Photography is Important to Realtors - From the Texas MLS and Better Homes and Garden
- About 90% of buyers search the internet for homes. Pro photos make your first, and maybe only impression.
- Pro photos generate an average 139% increase in clicks.
- See Wall Street Journal article below
- Keep up with your competition or even stick out more with professional photography.
- Make pro photos part of your brand. Sellers are more likely to go with realtor who uses professional photography.
- Save time and stress, let a professional photographer handle the photos.
- A professional photographer might be your best all-round marketing teammate.
- How to pick a photographer? (Sounds like they are promoting OLP. I swear I didn’t pay them to write this!)
Here’s a great article addressing how the number of photos affects online attention, days on the market and sales price!
- “The photograph is almost always the first element in any ad that connects with the buyer.”
- “Everything in the marketing campaign to sell your home relies on the quantity and quality of the photographs of your home.”
- “Quality photos can and do make a difference, a big difference”
- “Multiple photographs/Slideshows continue to be the online feature with the highest rating among all online features, followed by Maps/Directions”
More photos are better. Listings with 20+ photos generated 10 times the leads and 15 times the views versus listings with a single photo.
And properties sell faster with more photos:
- 1 photo = 70 DOM
- 6 photos = 40 DOM
- 16-19 photos = 36 DOM
- 20 photos = 32 DOM
Properties sell for higher prices with more photos:
- 1 photo = 91.2% of Original Price
- 6 or more photos = 95% of Original Price (that’s a difference of $22,000 on a $600,000 home)
These statistics relate to quantity and not quality. “If the photographs are the most important factor, it would follow that by having great high quality photos, you can be even further ahead of the game.”
- “Good quality real estate photos are difficult to achieve.”
- “Professional photographers use professional equipment, have the skills set to use it, and they have a trained eye for making your home look its best. Paying to have professional real estate photographs, in comparison, is not really expensive when you consider the benefits.”
- “The NAR reports 13% of all real estate marketing is spent online. .. But 90+% of the buyers search online to find their home.”
- “with high quality professional images, it will sell faster and for a higher price.”
- Properties spend 20-30 fewer days on the market and sell for “$10,000 to $30,000 more, far less than the cost of professional photography and virtual tour production.”
- Study by VHT, specialists in property marketing, found properties marketed with professional photography were perceived to be worth 12.9% more, viewed to be 3 times more likely to sell, and 7 times more likely to be visited.
Here’s an article from the Wall Street Journal.
- “Listings with better photos command higher asking prices… At the closing table, listings with nicer photos gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076.”
Here’s a great one from the LA Times:
- “A picture may be worth a mere 1,000 words in other circles, but in real estate, it enters the realm of deal or no deal.”
- Photos are what buyers find most useful in their web search.
- “If you can’t get them in the door, you can’t sell the house.”
This article has great suggestions for staging and decorating ideas to improve photos. Agents can apply these ideas to properties prior to an OLP shoot, or with the Living the Dream Option, have OLP apply these ideas for you. The article suggests that these ideas be applied by the photographer, but notice their rates at the end of the article. (And that was 5 years ago!) OLP gives the agent the option to choose whether they want to pay for that service, and if so, charges a very reasonable fee.
Here’s one from the New York Times:
- “Pictures buyers see of houses and apartments for sale are often the first - and sometimes only - chance for a seller to make a good impression. Less than flattering pictures can turn buyers off and lead to lonely open houses.”
- “Good photos will grab people’s attention and help you sell a home.”
- “If the photos look shoddy and unprofessional, not only are buyers going to find your property unappealing, they’re going to associate you with being shoddy and unprofessional.”
Here is a great video and article that summarizes a lot of the data in all of these articles while showing some great photography examples to show the difference.
(Note on video: technically speaking “high definition” and HDR are not the same. They don’t differentiate, which can lead to confusion. High definition relates to pixel quality, while HDR relates more to exposure quality. But just FYI, OLP photos are both!)
For just the video..
More good info..
- “While most people think taking pictures of real estate is very easy, it actually requires more equipment, more skill, and more time than other forms of photography.”
- “Pictures are the most important ingredient to any successful real estate marketing campaign.”